Sunday 1 February 2009

Slow to catch on

I realised with a tinge of grimness that I was "daddy's girl"... only... daddy is now on the other side with all the Angels..

Bugger. What a loss to realise such a thing once he is gone. Thanks dad!!! Million times over.

No more paid flights, no more little surprise gifts. Now just one of the other siblings. He spoilt me rotten even though i often shunned his spoiling, feeling guilty about accepting his gifts. Silly me! So English!

Well, one things good out of your death dad - I'm no longer that scared of death anymore.

********

Today we had fleeting moments of blizzard conditions - its dark now and i'm fingers crossing it will be thick snow in the morning as predicted :) Once and always will be a little girl.

*********

Friday I go for my first one on one dance lesson - YESSssss!! Life long dream. Yay yay yay! So what better year to achieve that than my FORTIETHHhhh... (did I mention that word?) Well I've been to two classes already (had to partner with a woman as there werent enough men... and in any case, those that were there werent worth partnering with! Gees some wierrrd people!). but decided I'd take the bull by the horns and launch myself full speed into one on ones.. No messing around here now!

Ballroom/Latin Champion here I come!

See ya

Twinkley toes :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost your dad - and so happy to hear you are dancing. The big 40 is the prime of life. Live it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reya - thats kind. Thank you. I'm sorry you lost your sister.. saw one of your recent blogs. It teaches us a LOT about life. We live in a bubble like a child until that happens to us - some sooner than others.
    Yeah - Dancing is just the start!! I intend to enjoy myself. Definitely! Deserve it after some tough times behind me! :)

    ReplyDelete